Improve Finishing | Skill Practice (09-P2)
Organisation / Set Up
In this combination and finishing practice, 2 attackers must create angles quickly to score in any of the 4 mini goals against 4 defenders. This extreme overload requires speedy movement a recognition from the coach or support player to spot movement to play into feet for a quick finish. If defenders win possession, they must make 5 passes before finishing in any mini goal.
Key Coaching Points
- Tactical | Quick movement to create and exploit space and finish quickly
- Technical | First touch away from defenders and shooting to finish quickly
- Social | Quick combinations under pressure. Change from 2 to 3 players
Progressions & Constraints
- Develop a 3 v 3 and score in any of the 4 goals, challenging the first team to score in any 3 of 4 mini goals first.
Key Coaching Questions
- How can you overcome this defending overload in a 4 v 2? What is important?
- How does opposition change in 3 v 3 and how do you alter your attacks?