Ball Mastery | Dribbling (BM-07)
Organisation / Set Up
This Ball Mastery practice is focused on dribbling with players challenged to improve their technique within competition. With 2 players with a ball each on opposite facing cones, they must dribble around each of these at an angle and to run the ball through 2 poles. Pair players based on their age and ability and set competition, with the winner gaining a point for their team.
Key Coaching Questions
- How can you motivate players to succeed within the practice?
- What areas do players need support with and how can you support this best?
Progressions & Constraints
- Progress the practice, by introducing 2 mini goals for individuals to score into, with every player scoring a point for a goal, with the fastest gaining a 2nd point..
Key Coaching Points
- Technical | Ability to use both feet when dribbling
- Technical | Changes in direction, maintaining control on each repetition
- Physical | Balance to keep ball under close control